Sunday, September 27, 2009

Kind've a poopy night

A special guest blog entry by Holly:

So tonight was my second night to come over and bond with Jacoby. I worked through the mental list that Amanda had instructed me with. After I fed him his mushy rice and soft pink-colored bananas (don't know what was up with that), we headed toward the tub for bathtime. I was a little nervous as I've never given a baby a bath by myself. Everything went pretty smooth until suddenly he began to make an unusual face and his body position became awkward. He looked as if he was in pain. I felt bad for the little guy and didn't know what to do. Perhaps he was uncomfortable in his little tub chair. I picked him up out of the tub and I looked down to find two floating brown pieces of feces. I immediately froze with fear! (I am a person who isn't good with burping, farting, and especially not poop!) The one thing I feared about little kids (and dogs) and it happened in the tub of all places! I took him to his room, dried him off, and put him in his pj's. Now it was time to face the music. I reluctantly walked back into the bathroom, drained the tub, and contemplated how to conquer this fear of mine. I decided I would just have to pick it up with some tissue and put it in the toilet. I figured if I picked up the chair and tried to angle the poop into the toilet I'd miss and have an even bigger problem on my hands.

Unfortunately, I never got that far. Just looking at it and imagining my plan in my head was enough to send me into a major gagging fit, complete with coughing, watery eyes, and a red face. Jacoby thought it was pretty funny. I decided it wasn't going to happen and texted Amanda:
"So Jacoby pooped in the tub and I really tried to clean it up but I kept gagging. So I guess it will be here when you get back. I'm sorry"

I really do feel very bad. I am a bad babysitter. After all that, I couldn't figure out which way his diaper went on and his usual bottle/rocking chair routine didn't put him to sleep like it was supposed to. In the end, though, I was able to get him to sleep with a simple sway and back pat with music playing in the background (that is very relaxing by the way!). It was a very sweet moment.

Amanda and Zach, please don't band me from babysitting!! I'm learning! And I look forward to Jacoby and my's adventure next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment